Scheduling Your Household Goods Pickup

Traffic Management Office (TMO) customers utilize the Defense Personal Property System (DPS), an automated system developed to help simplify the move process and initiate Household Goods movement. As a DoD Customer, DPS allows you to have 24-hour access to its many features such as online counseling, claims settlement, and shipment tracking.

All personnel are required to create a DPS account at . You can do this prior to having a movement Order.

You are NOT required to accomplish the DPS Self Counseling if you fall into any of the below categories, BUT you must fill out the Personal Property Worksheet and send it to our org box with a copy of your orders to initiate action:  PERSONAL PROPERTY WORKSHEET

  • Retiring/separating (military only)
  • Shipping Property into or out of Non-Temporary Storage
  • Moving from off base to on base housing

All other personnel, you are required to enter the DPS and accomplish Self Counseling.
Customer Responsibilities

Please note:

  • TMO does NOT know about your shipments in DPS until you come into our office 
  • Your shipments will not be booked until you attend a TMO briefing and sign all necessary paperwork
  • DO NOT schedule a flight/purchase tickets to leave the country before you have the dates for your personal property confirmed
  • The sooner you visit the TMO office, the better your chances are to get the dates you are requesting
  • If you  schedule your shipment the week you plan on shipping your personal property, your desired dates may be unavailable.

Where to start if I am required to accomplish DPS self-counseling?

You must have a hard copy of your Orders. 

After going to here you will find, the DPS log in link, weight allowances, and other pertinent information that will assist in planning your move. (Ensure pop-up blocker is off)

Click “LOG IN TO DPS” Select from the Customer section that pertains to you, (Register, Log in with certificate, Log in with user id or Forgot Password)

Select "Self Counseling", and update your "Customer Profile". Once your profile is updated select, "Enter Order Information" to enter the details from your Order. Then, select "Create Shipment" to enter shipment details pertaining to your move.

Once you complete all your shipments in DPS, please email a copy of your orders (front and back) including amendments to our org box so we can look over it and schedule a face to face briefing with you, to complete your application for shipment of your house hold goods.

Shipping Alcohol

United States Customs & Border Patrol permits the importation of alcohol in household good shipments when prior approval is obtained and advance documentation is provided. Individuals wishing to ship alcohol in their household goods are subject to State, Federal, and US Customs requirements, taxes, fees, and restrictions. All additional fees associated with the shipment of alcohol are solely the responsibility of the customer.

The following documentation must be submitted to the Spangdahlem AB Personal Property Office at the time of counseling or alcohol will not be authorized to ship in household goods:

- Power of Attorney (POA) for your Transportation Service Provider to clear your alcohol through US Customs. Please print and complete the POA; this does not need to be notarized by the legal office

- Completed alcohol inventory: Each column of the alcohol inventory must be filled out in its entirety and the total number of liters must be annotated on the inventory.

- Written permission from the state the customer is moving to authorizing the importation of alcohol in household goods. Contact information for each state's Alcohol, Beverage, and Control (AB&C) Board can be found at the following link:

Customers must turn in the above documentation at the time of counseling or alcohol will not ship in household goods.

Shipping Motorcycles

When shipping motorcycles, you'll need the HS-7, EPA Form 3520-1, proof of ownership, and a letter from the lien holder authorizing shipment (if applicable).

EPA Form 3520-1

Shipping Firearms

If shipping firearms that were originally shipped from the United States, please provide your shipment inventory that includes that firearm.

If the firearm was purchased OCONUS you will need to fill out the forms below. NOTE: This process can take up to 3 months, so plan accordingly.

Regulations for Firearms

DD Form 1252-1
CBP Form 4455
ATF Form 6 Part I (NOT a member of the U.S. Armed Forces)
ATF Form 6 Part II (Member of the U.S. Armed Forces)

Contact Information

52nd Logistics Readiness Squadron,
Traffic Management
Personal Property
Bldg 103 Room 18
DSN 452-6065/6068

Hours of Operation:


0800-1100 & 1300-1500

*Closed on the first Thursday of every month for training*

Closed on American holidays and USAFE Family Days


Members must contact their carrier to schedule a drop of date for your house hold goods.