SPANGDAHLEM AIR BASE, Germany --
Get tickets now for the Military-Music-Parade in early 2008 featuring 400 musicians from seven countries who will perform in Trier Jan. 26 and in Saarbruecken March 8; amongst other dates. For more information, go to www.bundesmusikparade.de or call 01805-602260 for tickets.
· Children may enjoy a kids' carnival event Jan. 30 at 3 p.m. in the Bitburg Haus der Jugend or youth house.
· A Fasching party for adults takes place Jan. 31 at noon in the Haus der Jugend.
· A "Karneval-session" takes place Feb. 2 at the Piesport Moselhalle. The event includes a highlight: a base member will perform on stage as German Fasching Prince of the town. It is the first time in history that Piesport has a U.S. Fasching prince represent their community and Fasching club. Americans are especially invited to witness the fun, at the same time they can experience German culture and tradition. The event starts a little after 8 p.m. It is recommended to get there about 30 to 45 minutes early in order to find appropriate parking and purchase tickets, which are limited. There is a small entry fee to this event. For more information and on how to reserve seats, call Senior Airman Vito Cipolla at DSN 452-8158.
· Enjoy a masquerade ball Jan. 31 at 8 p.m. at the Trier Club Walderdorff's, Domfreihof 1. For more information call 0651-99469210.
· A night Fasching parade is scheduled Feb. 2 for after 7 p.m. in Idenheim. The theme for the event is Night of the Knights.
· Speicher will host a Fasching parade Feb. 2 at 2:11 p.m.
· Bitburg hosts its annual Fasching parade Feb. 3 at 2:30 p.m. throughout the streets of Bitburg.
· Gondorf hosts a parade Feb. 3 at 2:11 p.m.
· See a Fasching parade Feb. 3 at 2:11 p.m. in Orenhofen.
· Biersdorf hosts a Fasching parade Feb. 3.
· See a parade in Spangdahlem village Feb. 3. The event starts 11:11 a.m.
· See a parade Feb. 3 in Trier-Euren at Ludwig Steinbach Strasse. The parade starts at 2 p.m.
· A parade takes place Feb. 3 at 2:11 p.m. in Trier-Zewen. Meeting point is Lindscheidstrasse.
· Attend a carnival procession Feb. 3 in Bitburg. The event starts at 2:30 p.m.
· Enjoy a "Rosenmontagszug," an outdoor street celebration comparable to a Mardi Gras parade, Feb. 4 in Trier. The event starts at noon in Trier-Nord and ends at the "Messepark." Meeting point is Herzogenbuscherstrasse. Call Stefan Feltes at 00651- 958050 for more information.
· See a Rose Monday parade Feb. 4 in Trier-Ehrang. The parade starts off at 2:11 p.m. from Allemannenstrasse.
· Enjoy a Rose Monday parade Feb. 4 at 2:11 p.m. in Dudeldorf. Costumes welcome. This is a great opportunity for base members to take photographs of Fasching celebrations.
· See a Rose Monday parade Feb. 4 at 2:11 p.m. in Fliessem. The event starts off in the center of the community near the community hall.
· A carnival party for children, including games and sweets, takes place Feb. 4 at the Biersdorf Buergerhaus community hall. The event starts at 3:11 p.m.
· See a Rose Monday parade Feb. 4 at the Koblenz city center. The event starts at 12:11 p.m.
· Enjoy this year's popular Rose Monday Parade of Aachen Feb. 4 in Aachen. The event starts at 11:11 a.m. from Oppenhoffallee.
· The unique Rose Monday parade in Cologne takes place Feb. 4. The event starts off at 10:30 a.m. at the so-called "Severinsviertel" and moves north. Fourty-seven colorful corps troops and more than 10,000 people participate in this many-kilometer-long procession. For more information go to www.koeln.de and click on "Carnival." For those who cannot go to Cologne and see the parade, most German television channels will air the fun live throughout the day.
· See a parade Feb. 5 at 2:11 p.m. in Trier-Ruwer. Gathering point is Hermeskeiler Strasse.
To learn more about Information, Trips and Travel activities, call 452-6567 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Children prices are for those ages 3-12.
Spend the weekend in Venice Feb. 1-3. Cost will be announced.
See the Black Forrest Feb. 2. Cost is $74 for adults and $69 for children.
The Rose Monday Karneval Parade takes place Feb. 4. Cost is $44 for adults and $37 for children.
Shop the day away at the Oberhaussen Centro Mall Feb. 9. Cost is $42 for adults and $36 for children.
A Berlin trip is scheduled for Feb. 9. Cost is $95.
Dining like a king at the Cochem Castle medieval dinner Feb. 16. Cost is $87.
Celebrate Valentines Day in Paris Feb. 15-17. Cost will be announced.
Shop for crystal in Karlsbad Feb. 22-23. Cost is $95.
Enjoy dinner and wine tasting Feb. 23. Cost is $67.
Explore Amsterdam Feb. 23. Cost is $85 for adults and $72 for children.
For more information about Outdoor Recreation trips, call 452-7170.
A boat and water sports trade show is Jan. 27 from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Dusseldorf. This is one of the world's largest trade shows featuring all of the newest products in the water sports industry. Cost is $45. Sign up no later than Jan. 18.
Learn to scuba dive on refresh scuba skills Feb. 6 or 26 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Monte Maare Indoor Centre. The class is open to able swimmers 14 and older. The 10 meter deep pool is heated. Cost is $59 which includes transportation, an intro class, equipment, however mask and fins can be rented on sight. Bring a swimsuit, towel and euros for lunch.
Hop on a trip to the Dortmund Hunting and Fishing Trade Show Feb. 9 from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Dusseldorf. Cost is $39 which includes transportation and the entrance fee. This is one of Germany's largest collections of hunting and fishing equipment.
A sweetheart ski getaway is Feb. 14-15 at Feldberg Mountain. Cost is $490 per couple which includes transportation, one night lodging, lift passes, one breakfast and one dinner.
Enjoy a skiing and snowboarding trip to the Swiss Alps Feb. 18-22 and March 17-21.
A Red Sea diving trip is April 6-13. Cost is $1,225 for a double room per person or $1,390 for a single room, which includes airfare, transportation to airport, seven nights lodging, breakfasts and dinners at the resort, 12 dives and most equipment. Full payment must be received by March 15. Passports and scuba medical clearance are required.
Plan a group Black Forest ski or snowboard day trip to Feldberg Mountain. Cost is $99 per person, which includes transportation and lift passes. Groups of nine or more pick their date and one person can go for free. The group will also receive 50 percent off in-stock rental packages at Outdoor Recreation.