SPANGDAHLEM, Germany --
A local flea market takes place Saturdays in Landstuhl in front of the Kaufland/Toom market.
Oktoberfest at Kloster Machern runs every weekend through Nov. 17. For more information, go to www.oktoberfest-klostermachern.de.
Visit the exhibition "60 years police in Rhineland-Palatinate" at the Kurfuerstliches Palais in Trier until Nov. 5.
Enjoy the "W.A.R.P. - Rock musical" in Wittlich Nov. 3. at 8 p.m. in the Cusanus-Gymnasium. The three hour show features music by Queen, Abba, Pink Floyd and the Rocky Horror Show. For more information, go to www.warp-rockmusical.de.
Listen to music by Kim Wilde at Nov 9 at 9 p.m. at the Morbach Baldenau hall. For ticket information, call the TV-Ticket-Hotline at 0651-7199-996.
Visit a toys flea market Nov. 10 at the Metterich "Dorfgemeinschaftshaus" hall. The event takes place 10 a.m. to noon.
See pictures from Ursula Pontius-Hauptmanns about the "Eifel Maare" through Nov. 13 at the Kornmarkt in Trier.
Sabers still have the opportunity to visit a unique exhibition on Constantine The Great now through Nov. 4 in Trier. The exhibition is set up at three different museums: the Rheinisches Landesmuseum, the Bischoefliches Dommuseum and the Simeonstift Stadtmuseum. Some 1,600 exhibits from 150 internationally renowned museums, such as the Louvre, the British Museum and the Vatican Museums, will be on display, in addition to new finds from ancient Trier that will be seen in public for the first time. More than 303,298 visitors from around the globe have already experienced this first major exhibition in Germany dedicated to the Roman ruler since it started in June. The Constantine Exhibition will be showcased with different key themes. Prices range between 12-30 euros for combined tickets and 4-20 euros depending on category and museum. Combined tickets are less expensive and offer access to all three museums. Guided tours in English are also available for groups.
For more information, go to www.konstantin-ausstellung.de.
Visit the musical Hair Nov. 14 at the Saarbruecken Saarland hall. For more information, go to www.saarlandhalle.com.
A book and toy bazaar takes place from Nov. 17 at 2 - 5 p.m.at the Manderscheid Elementary School. For more information or to sell toys, books or CDs, call Petra Schmitz at 06572-2545 or Dagmar Krause at 06572-2511.
Visit a Leonardo Da Vinci one of a kind exhibition showing 35 replicas of his work
Mondays through Fridays from noon to 6 p.m. and Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The show takes place at the Stadthaus "Alter Bahnhof" in Traben-Trarbach until Nov. 25.
Enjoy an unplugged Advent- and Christmas concert Dec. 1- 2 at the Wittlich Synagogue. Tickets cost between 9 and 12 euros and are available for sale Nov. 2 at the Wittlich "Altes Rathaus" or old city hall.
Get tickets now for the Military-Music-Parade in early 2008 featuring 400 musicians from seven countries who will perform in Koblenz Jan.19., in Trier Jan. 26 and in Saarbruecken March 8; amongst other dates. For more information, go to www.bundesmusikparade.de
or call 01805-602260 for tickets.
Local Saint Martin processions
· A St. Martin's procession takes place Nov. 9 at the Bitburg Elementary School South schoolyard "Grundschule Sued." Many school students from all over the area will participate. All children and their parents are invited to take part. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. All participating children get the traditional St. Martin brezel after the event.
· Spangdahlem village will host a Saint Martin procession Nov. 11 starting at 6:30 p.m. from Burgstrasse, the road leading towards the base from Dahlem.
· Speicher and Binsfeld will host a Saint Martin procession Nov. 11.
· A church service and procession takes place at the Bitburg Catholic St. Peter Kindergarten Nov. 6 starting at 5:30 p.m.
· Join the procession Nov. 6 at 6:30 p.m. at the Bitburg "Zuckerborn" Kindergarten.
· Take part in the procession Nov. 7 at 6 p.m. at the Bitburg "Altes Gymnasium" Kindergarten.
· Participate in the procession Nov. 8 at 5:30 p.m. at the Bitburg-Nord Elementary School.
· Experience a procession Nov. 9 starting at 6:30 p.m. in Bitburg-Moetsch.
· A procession takes place Nov. 9 at 6:45 p.m. in Bitburg-Matzen.
· Take part in a procession Nov. 10 at 6 p.m. in Bitburg-Stahl.
· A procession takes place Nov. 10 at 6:30 p.m. in Bitburg-Masholder.
· Enjoy a procession Nov. 11 at 6 p.m. in Bitburg-Erdorf.
· A St. Martin's procession takes place Nov. 9 at 6 p.m. in Trier, starting at the Porta Nigra and moving toward St. Martins Church. The meeting point is the Elementary School (Grundschule) St. Paulin.
· A procession takes place Nov 12 at 6 p.m. from the Trier St. Paulus church.
· There is a, St. Martin's procession in the Trier-Ehrang suburb of Trier Nov. 9 at 5:30 p.m. from the St. Peter Church.
For more information about Information, Trips and Travel activities, call 452-6567 or e-mail email@example.com.
Children prices are for those ages 3-12.
Catch the Poland Pottery Express Nov. 9-10. Cost is $115; add $90 for a double seat.
Experience Berlin Nov. 9-11. Cost is $195 for adults and $175 for children.
Visit Bastogne Nov. 11. Cost is $65.
Dine like royalty at the Cochem Castle medieval dinner Nov. 24. Cost is $87.
Celebrate Thanksgiving in Prague Nov. 21-24. Cost is $329 for adults, $269 for children ages 12 - 16 and $229 for children ages 3-11. Those who wish to occupy a room by themselves will be charged an extra $120.
Travel to Krakau and Auschwitz Nov. 22-24. Cost is $229 for adults and $209 for children.
Spend Christmas in Rome Dec. 21-25. Cost is $579 for adults and $449 for children.
Explore Switzerland Dec. 1. Cost is $90 for adults and $80 for children.
Shop at the Rothenburg Christmas market Dec. 1. Cost is $65 for adults and $59 for children.
Hit the Brugge Christmas market Dec. 8. Cost is $65 for adults and $59 for children.
Catch the Nurnberg Christmas market Dec. 15. Cost is $65 for adults and $59 for children.
Take in the Bonn Hall of Arts 'Egypt's Sunken Treasures' exhibit Dec. 15. Cost is $62 for adults and $57 for children.
Experience the Aachen Christmas market Dec. 22. Cost is $54 for adults and $49 for children.
Hop on the Amsterdam New Year's Express Dec. 31. Cost is $79.
Enjoy New Year's celebrations in Paris Dec. 30-Jan. 1. Cost is $389 for adults and $369 for children.
For more information about Outdoor Recreation trips, call 452-7170.
Fall mountain bike trips to the F-Trail take place Nov. 10 and Dec. 8 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The more than 26km course consist of a rolling single track, with some minor technical terrain, a few moderate climbs and several descents. The trip is open to ages 16 and up. Those under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Enjoy a skiing and snowboarding trip to the Swiss Alps Jan. 21-25, Feb. 18-22 and March 17-21.