Exemptions for Phase II exercise
/ Published July 29, 2009
SPANGDAHLEM AIR BASE, Germany --
The following are exemptions for the Phase II exercise:
- When traveling in a privately-owned vehicle, field gear is not required until people leave their vehicles.
- People exempt from the exercise will wear their service uniform for the duration of the exercise. They won't assist exercise participants in any way.
- People exempt from the exercise are people who are within a 21-day window of PCSing into or out of Spangdahlem Air Base, attending Airman Leadership School, Weighted Airmen Promotion System testing, or people whom group commanders have identified as being exempt.
- Exempt people must have one of the following on them at all times -- a copy of their PCS orders, ALS/WAPS testing letter, or an exemption letter signed by their group commander. The letter must state the person's name, reason for exemption and length of exemption.
- Military care providers
- Military academic training
- Pregnant military members with a copy of their profile in place of the exemption letter
- People assigned to geographically separated units
- People directly supporting the Air Mobility Command mission and 726th Air Mobility Squadron members
- 52nd Munitions Maintenance Group assigned to Spangdahlem AB
- Civilian employees or family members. Civilian employees will support exercise events and alarm conditions as applicable. They also will respond to force protection condition updates.
Exempt facilities include:
- Bitburg Annex
- Dormitories and dormitory parking areas
- Spangdahlem housing units
- Commissary and Defense Commissary Agency warehouses
- All Army and Air Force Exchange Service facilities and concessionaires
- Bank and credit union
- Civilian personnel office
- First Term Airman Center
- Airman and Family Readiness Center
- Medical group facilities
- Education center and all classrooms
- Blessed Sacrament room and chapel offices when counseling
- All 52nd Force Support Squadron food and retail facilities
- Human resource office
- Fitness center
- Mosel dining facility
- Eifel Conference Center
- All child development center and youth program programs and facilities
(Information courtesy of the 52nd Fighter Wing Plans, Programs and Inspections)