TRICARE Open Enrollment Season begins
By Staff Reports, 52nd Fighter Wing Public Affairs Office
/ Published November 04, 2019
SPANGDAHLEM AIR BASE, Germany --
TRICARE enrollment options will be available to eligible members with the annual TRICARE Open Enrollment Season. Active duty members are required to be enrolled in TRICARE Prime and are not authorized to change their enrollment plan. All other members can enroll in or change their health care coverage plan for the following year. This year’s 2019 TRICARE Open Enrollment Season runs from Nov. 11 through Dec. 9. Enrollment choices made during this period will take effect on Jan. 1, 2020.
There are three options eligible members can choose during TRICARE Open Enrollment Season.
- Do Nothing: If a member remains eligible and wishes to keep their current health care plan, than they do nothing and their coverage will not change in 2020.
- Enroll in a plan: If a member is eligible for a TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Select Overseas plan, but they have not yet enrolled, they may do so during TRICARE Open Enrollment Season.
- Change plans: If a member is already enrolled in a TRICARE Prime Overseas option, or TRICARE Select Overseas, they can switch plans and change between individual and family coverage.
Did you experience a Qualifying Life Event (QLE)?
- Birth of a child?
- Retirement from Active Duty?
If a member wants to change their coverage to TRICARE Prime Overseas (must be a command-sponsored dependent) or TRICARE Select Overseas, and they are eligible, a QLE allows them to do that outside of the TRICARE Open Enrollment Season.
- Member must update DEERS with the QLE.
- In most cases, members will have 90 days after a QLE to make a change.
- Pay any enrollment fees or premiums due during that period.
Members have two ways to make an enrollment choice overseas:
- Call your regional contractor: International SOS – Overseas (Eurasia-Africa)
+44-20-8762-8384 (United Kingdom) / 1-877-678-1207 (Stateside)
- Mail your enrollment form to your regional contractor
International SOS Government Services
PO Box 11520, Philadelphia, PA 19116A
For further assistance, please visit (52 MDG, 1st Floor) or call (DSN 452-8122) the TRICARE Operations & Patient Administration flight.