|COLONEL MATTHEW W. FLOOD|
Colonel Matthew W. Flood is the Commander of the 52d Munitions Maintenance Group, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany. The group supports the 52nd Fighter Wing and oversees four geographically separated Munitions Support Squadrons (MUNSS): 701st MUNSS in Kleine Brogel, Belgium; 702nd MUNSS in Buechel, Germany; 703rd MUNSS in Volkel, Netherlands; 704th MUNSS in Ghedi, Italy.
Colonel Flood was commissioned in the Air Force in 1986 after completing Officer Training School, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. Colonel Flood has held a variety of positions in the maintenance, explosive ordnance disposal and logistics fields and has extensive experience with conventional and nuclear weapons.
1983 Bachelor of science degree in biology and education, Auburn University, Auburn, Ala.
1984 Master's degree in education, Auburn University, Auburn, Ala.
1991 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Air War College, by correspondence
1. August 1986 - November 1986, student, Munitions Officer School, Lowry Air Force Base, CO
2. December 1986 - June 1987, student, Joint Explosive Ordnance Disposal School, Indian Head Naval Ordnance Station, Indian Head, MD
3. June 1987- July 1990, operations officer, 2701st Explosive Ordnance Disposal Squadron, Hill Air Force Base, UT
4. August 1990 - March 1991, flight chief, Explosive Ordnance Disposal, 4th Tactical Fighter Wing (Provisional), Thumrait Royal Air Force Base, Sultanate of Oman and 1701 Air Refueling Wing (Provisional), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5. April 1991 - May 1992, operations officer, 2701st Explosive Ordnance Disposal Squadron, Hill Air Force Base, UT
6. June 1992 - July 1993, flight chief, Explosive Ordnance Disposal, 20th Civil Engineering Squadron, RAF Upper Heyford, United Kingdom
7. July 1993- August 1994, explosive ordnance disposal program maintenance manager, Nuclear Weapons Integration Division, Kirtland Air Force Base, NM
8. September 1994 - March 1996, nuclear weapons program officer, Nuclear Weapons Integration Division, Kirtland Air Force Base, NM
9. March 1996 - January 1999, Nuclear Plans and Operations, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Alexandria, VA
10. January 1999 - July 2000, chief, Weapons, Nuclear and Range Safety, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
11. August 2000 - June 2001, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, AL
12. July 2001 - July 2004, chief, Logistics Analysis for Conventional War Plans, Reaction Forces Air Staff, Allied Command Europe, North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Kalkar, Germany
13. July 2004 - June 2006, commander, 435th Munitions Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
14. July 2006 - June 2008, commander, 898th Munitions Squadron, Kirtland Air Force Base, NM
15. July 2008 - July 2010, chief, Nuclear Operations Division, HQ USAFE, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
16. July 2010 -Present, Commander, 52d Munitions Maintenance Group, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with one device
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three service stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Government of Saudi Arabia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Government of Kuwait)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 25, 1986
First Lieutenant July 25, 1988
Captain July 25, 1990
Major Apr 1, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel Oct 1, 2002
Colonel Feb 1, 2008
(Current as of Sept 2010)