|Library Leadership Biographies
|CHIEF MASTER SGT. SANDRA M. MILLER|
Chief Master Sgt. Sandra M. Miller is the command chief master sergeant to the commander, 52nd Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany, on matters concerning health, welfare and morale of more than 5,100 enlisted personnel assigned to the wing.
The 52nd Fighter Wing maintains, deploys and employs Fighting Falcon-16CJ and A/OA-10 Thunderbolt II aircraft, and TPS-75 radar systems in support of NATO and the National Command Authorities. The wing supports the Supreme Allied Commander Europe with mission-ready personnel and systems providing expeditionary air power for suppression of enemy air defenses, close air support, air interdiction, counterair, air strike control, strategic attack, combat search and rescue, and theater airspace control. The wing also supports contingencies and operations other than war, as required.
Chief Miller grew up in Littlestown, Pa., and entered the Air Force in August, 1983. After completion of basic training and technical school, she served in various administrative and personnel duties at squadron and wing level. In September 1997, she graduated from the First Sergeant Academy.
1986 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
1989 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Rhein-Main Air Base, Germany
1992 Associate in administrative management degree, Community College of the Air Force
1996 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
1999 Associate in human resource management degree, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Air Force Base, Ala. 2007 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2007 Air Force Enterprise Management Seminar, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, Greensboro, N.C.
2008 Movers and Shakespeares Leadership Course, Kent Manor Inn, Kent Island Md.
2008 Bachelor's in human resource management, Park University, Parkville, Miss.
2008 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
1. August 1983 - September 1983, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. September 1983 - October 1983, student, Administrative Specialist Course, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
3. October 1983 - June 1988, Administrative Specialist, 552d Airborne Warning and Control Division, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
4. July 1988 - March 1994, Noncommissioned Officer in-Charge, Administrative Section, Detachment 1, 23d Air Force, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
5. April 1994 - August 1995, Noncommissioned Officer in-Charge, Command Section, Air Force Technical Applications Center, Patrick Air Force Base, Fla.
6. September 1995 - August 1997, Superintendent, Command Section, 377th Communications Squadron, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
7. September 1997 - May 1999, First Sergeant, 89th Aerial Port Squadron, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
8. June 1999 - September 2001, First Sergeant, Air Force Honor Guard and United States Air Force Band, Bolling Air Force Base, District of Columbia
9. October 2001 - June 2003, First Sergeant, Air Force Pentagon Communications Agency, Pentagon
10. July 2003 - July 2004, First Sergeant, 8th Maintenance Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, Korea
11. August 2004 - February 2007, First Sergeant, 388th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Hill Air Force Base, Utah
12. March 2007 - February 2010, HQ USAF First Sergeant Special Duty Manager, Pentagon
13. February 2010 - Present, Command Chief Master Sgt., 52nd Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
1987 Administrator of the Year, 28th Air Division, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. 1988 Maintenance Professional of the Year, Support Category, 552d Airborne Warning and Control Division, Tinker AFB, Okla.
1994 Information Manager Sensor Olympics XV Winner, Silver Medal, Ala.
1996 Commandant's Award, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
1996 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
1997 Distinguished Graduate, First Sergeant Academy
1998 First Sergeant of the Year, 89th Airlift Wing, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
1999 Sterlacci Memorial Award, commitment to youth/adult in community, Fairfax, Va.
2000 First Sergeant of the Year, 11th Wing, Bolling Air Force Base, District of Columbia
2001 First Sergeant of the Year, National Capital Region
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Staff Sergeant Oct 1, 1988
Technical Sergeant Jun 1, 1993
Master Sergeant Jun 1, 1997
Senior Master Sergeant Mar 1, 2001
Chief Master Sergeant Sep 1, 2004
(Current as of February 2010)